Apple released build 10a380 (the last developer preview) of Snow Leopard last week. This apparently is the last developer preview released prior to shipping Snow Leopard in September.
Some of the new features include:
- Full 64-bit support.
- Intel only architecture resulting in faster applications, and far far less disk space for OS. Apple claims that Snow Leopard’s HD footprint is 6GB less than Leopard.
- Grand Central Station (framework for clever management of multi-processor multi-threading execution).
- OpenCL (Open Computing Language). New standards C based software abstraction layer for managing video processing power. This will allow developers to leverage GPUs in any application.
- New version of QuickTime (QuickTime X).
- Dock Expose (not included in this release).
Snow Leopard will retail at $29 ($49 for a family pack).